Nutritional Value in Carrots:
- Carrot comprises of the following nutrients, which are very good for the body.
- Beta carotene (converted into Vitamin A by the body).
- Minerals like Potassium and Manganese
- Sodium, Fluoride and Phosphorus
- Iron, Zinc and Copper
- Selenium and Calcium
- Carbohydrates and Protein
- Biotin and Thiamine
(Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Foliate, Niacin).
Health Benefits of Carrots:
- Carrot provides complete nutrition to the body. 100 grams of carrot comprises of 7.6g carbohydrate, 0.6g protein, 0.3g fat, 30mg calcium and 0.6 mg iron.
- Apart from that, carrots are also a good source of fiber, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, biotin, potassium and thiamine.
- Carrots have been known to be very good for the health of spleen and stomach.
- Carrot is believed to help in treating impotence (lower sexual drive), sexual dysfunction, night blindness, long term cough, gas and cold.
- Researches have suggested that carrot might lead to diminished risk of heart disease and many types of cancer.
- Potash succinate, a nutrient found in carrot, is said to have anti hypertensive drug properties, making it useful for those suffering from high blood pressure.
- Carrot juice provides a lot of energy to the body. In the raw form, the vegetable is believed to have antiseptic properties.
- Carrot contains beta-carotene, which has been found to be very beneficial for the eyes.
- Carrots are very good for healthy skin, hair and bones. At the same time, they also cleanse the body.
- Fresh carrot juice helps an individual gain relief from stress and fatigue and makes him feel energized.
- Carrot soup is a very popular home remedy for diarrhea.
- Carrots can enhance the quality of breast milk.
- Carrot juice is known to prevent numerous infections and is said to be good for the adrenal glands.
- Carrot can help increase menstrual flow and is very good for those suffering from diabetes.