- 1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 lg. fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage or 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1 lb. dry linguine, cooked and drained
- 2 to 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high. Saute onion, peppers and mushrooms until tender.
- Add broth and vinegar; bring to a boil. Boil 2
- Add tomato sauce, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add chicken, basil and sage.
- Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes more or until chicken is done and sauce
is lightly thickened. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta or with rice
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.