- 1 1/3 cups warm milk
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- A pinch or two of nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking pdr and sugar. Mix it with melted butter.
- Add beaten egg and milk into it and stir well. Make it into a soft and smooth dough. Roll this dough into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Dip the cutter in flour before using it. Cut out the dough with one large and one small round shaped cookie cutter.
- Then fry it in oil. Sprinkle the fried donuts with powdered sugar.