- 3each egg yolks
- 8tbspcream (chilled)
- Bring milk, honey, and half of the sugar to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks and other half of the sugar until thick and light in color.
- Very slowly pour 1/4 of the hot milk into the egg mixture while whisking vigoursly. This will *temper* the egg yolks – raising its temperature.
- Add the mixture back to the remaining milk in the pot and heat on low, stirring continuously until it becomes thickened (should be able to coat a spoon). Do not boil as this will cook the egg yolks.
- Pour the mixture through a fine strainer to remove any lumps.
- Stir in the chilled cream and let the mixture cool.
- Pour in a small ice cream container and freeze until set. You can also use an ice cream maker.