- Rava /Sooji – 11/2 cups,
- Sugar – 2 cups (as per sweetness),
- Water – 3 cups,
- Cashews – 8,
- Raisins – 6,
- Ghee – 1/2 cup,
- Saffron threads- 2 pinch(dissolve in a tsp milk),
- Salt – a pinch.
- Heat a tsp ghee in kadai, fry the raisins till fluffy(do not brown it), fry the cashew till light golden brown and keep aside.
- In the same kadai, add the rava and fry in slow flame stire continuously careful not to burn) for 5 mins till the raw smell goes, convert to a vessel.
- Now add water in the kadai and bring to boil with a pinch of salt.
- When the water is boiling, add the rava slowly continuously stirring with one hand without forming lumps.
- Now add the saffron dissolve in milk.
- When all the water gets absorbed and the rava is cooked well, start adding the sugar and keep stire by adding ghee occasionally and all while stire.
- Finally, when the kesari comes without sticking in the kadai, add the cashews, raisins and give a stir.
- Add ghee on top and turn off the flame.