- 2 tsp gelatin (kosher or regular)
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk (divided)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Soften gelatin in apple juice for approximately 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
- On stove top, heat honey and 2 cups of soy milk, stirring often.
- Remove from heat when soy milk mixture becomes hot.
- Mix hot soy milk and gelatin mixture together until gelatin dissolves.
- Add 1 1/4 cup soy milk and vanilla. Stir.
- In a covered container in your refrigerator, cool until completely chilled.
- Pour into your ice cream maker.
- Mix until thick (about 25 minutes).
- Serve immediately or place in your freezer.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer several minutes before serving to allow it to soften.This ice cream is tasty, but not as creamy or as soft as dairy ice cream.