- Oats flakes – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 no finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 no finely chopped
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup(optional)
- Green chillies – 3 to 4 finely chopped
- Ginger – a small piece
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Urad dal – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- In a dry kadai put the oats flakes and fry without any oil till it become hot to touch. Remove and keep aside.
- Cook carrot and green peas slightly.
- Put oil in the kadai and when it is hot, add mustard.
When it pops up add urad dal and turmeric powder and fry till the urad turns light brown. Fry for a while.
- Add chopped onion, chillies, curry leaves and ginger and sauté for few minutes.
- Then add carrot and green peas and fry for a second.
- Now add the fried oats flakes and mix well.
Add salt and two handful of water.
- Cover with lid. Keep the flame low. Stir now and then till all blends well.
- Serve hot with cutney.