Jeera rice is a very simple and flavorful rice and can be prepared in a few minutes. It is the simplest of all flavored rice and goes well with most of the gravies.
Especially with chicken gravy. Very Simple at the same time basic ingredients are needed.
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Ghee/butter -2/3 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1tsp
- green chilli -2nos
- Curry leaves few
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 20 minutes. Drain and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee/butter in a pan, add mustard seeds when it splutters add jeera, curry leaves, green chilli then add the drained rice and fry for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, needed salt and cook rice till done.
- Fluff it with a fork and serve it with any gravy side dish of your choice.
- You can cook rice in a rice cooker or pressure cooker or in a pan with a lid.