- Raw rice, – 21/2 cups
- Urad dhal – 11/2 cup
- Grated coconut – few tbsp
- Chopped onion – 1 med size
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Soak rice and dhal together for few hours and grind it to form a smooth batter
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, and fry curry leaves ,onions and coconut until light brown or raw smell disappears.
- Add this to the batter, add salt and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying in kadai and make small balls out of this batter and deep fry in batches