- 250 gms potatoes sliced into long pieces.
- 2 Capsicum cut into square pieces
- 2 Onions cut into square pieces
- 3-4 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- A small piece of Ginger finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Corn flour (Maida can also be used)2
- tsp Oil
- Soya Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Chilies Sauce
- Ajinomoto (Chinese Salt)
- Mix the Corn flour with water, 1 tsp Soya Sauce, 1 tsp Chilli sauce and 1 tsp Tomato Sauce in a small bowl. Add some salt or, Ajinomoto as per your preference. Just ensure that the batter is thick enough to coat the potatoes.
- Put the potato pieces into the bowl 3-4 pieces at a time and properly coat the potatoes with the batter.
- Heat oil in a Kadai, and fry each of the coated potato pieces till crispy and brown.
- Drain the potatoes and keep it aside.
- In the kadai heat about 2-3 tsp of oil. Add the chopped chillies, garlic and ginger to it. Add the onion and Capsicum into it and fry for some time, about 3-4 minute. Do not let it over-fry or, turn into brown.
- Add water to it and 1 tsp each of Soya sauce, Tomato sauce and Chili sauce along with a pinch of Ajinomoto.
- Put the fried potato pieces into the mixture and let it cook for some time till the potatoes turns tender.
- Serve hot and enjoy the Indianized-Chinese food called potato chilli.