- 300g potatoes , cut into small pieces
- 2 onions , sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp each ground coriander , turmeric and mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 410g tin chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g baby spinach
- small bunch coriander leaves chopped
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until just tender.
- While they are cooking, soften the onions and garlic in the oil in a frying pan for a few mins.
- Add all the spices, then fry for 1 min more.
- Stir in the chickpeas and tomato purée with 400ml water,
then turn the heat up and bubble for a few mins.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain and add to the pan.
- Cook for a few mins until the sauce is thick, stir in the spinach, then season.
- When the spinach has wilted, scatter with coriander and serve with the chapatis, yogurt and chutney on the side.