- Onion – 2 sliced
- Tomato – 2 chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 2 or 3 flakes
- Red chillies – 2
- Green chillies – 2
- Tamarind paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 6 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Take a pan and heat with 4 tsp of oil.
- Add all the ingredients (except seasoning ingredients) and sauté for few mins.
- Sauté till the tomatoes become soft and onion turns into light brown colour.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool for some time.
- Then add the sautéed ingredients in a mixer grinder.
- Grind to a fine paste or your desired consistency without adding any water.
- Take another pan add 2 tsp of oil and heat.
- Add mustard seeds and urad dal.When they start to crackle add curry leaves.
- Add this to the chutney and mix well and adjust salt.Onion tomato chutney is ready.