- Papaya is sweet and juicy and it offers numerous health benefits. It improves digestion, prevents heart disease, arthritis, lung disease, and eye disorders.
- Papaya is an excellent source of vitamin A and C and a good source of fiber and folate.
- Cherries can increase antioxidant levels, and an abundance of antioxidants may help slow the aging process.
- Cherries are also full of vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and fiber.
- Fresh cherries are even better and may lower heart attack and stroke risk.
- Watermelons and Indian summers are made for each other.
High in water content and low in calories, watermelon is a cool option on a scorching afternoon. Melons are excellent food.
- Jujube also known as Red Date or Chinese Date is originated in China and have been cultivated for more than 4,000 years.
- The fruit is a drupe, varying from round to elongate shape and from small gooseberry size to plum-size.
- There are hundreds of varieties available all over the world.
- In Tamil Nadu, the fruits are in small round shape and mostly sold by vendors near the schools. Children eat these along with chilli powder and salt.
- The ripe fruits are generally consumed raw, but are sometimes used for making candies, pickles and used in desserts.