- Mutton cut into small pieces – 1 kg
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Onion chopped finely – 2(large)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Tomato sliced – 2
- Salt – to tasteOil – as needed
- Shallots(Kunjulli) – 7-8
- Ginger – 1 inch size piece
- Garlic pods – 7-8
- Cinnamon(Karuvapatta) – 2 pieces
- Cloves (Grambu) – 4 nos
- Fennel seeds(Perumjeerakam) – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds(Jeerakam) – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper corns(Kurumulagu) – 3-4
- Chilly Powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Grind all the above ingredients into a coarse paste and keep it aside.
- Marinate the mutton pieces in the ground paste and salt for 30 mins.
- Heat little oil in a pressure cooker,add the marinated mutton pieces and cook until the mutton becomes tender(upto 4-5 whistles).
- Heat oil in a different pan and allow mustard seeds to splutter.
- Add in curry leaves and onions and saute until onion turns golden brown.Add tomatoes and saute until they become soft.
- Finally add the cooked mutton pieces and fry it till the oil seperates.