- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet, stir together water, stewed tomatoes, brown rice, raisins, lemon juice, curry powder, bouillon, ground cinnamon, salt, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; then stir in chicken. Transfer mixture to a casserole dish.
- Cover, and bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and chicken juices run clear.