- Fish pieces – 6,
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup,
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp,
- Pearl onions – 2,
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp,
- Red chilly powder – 3 tsp,
- Salt – as per taste,
- Curry leaves – 1 string,
- Oil – for frying.
- Clean the fish pieces well and keep aside.
- Crush the 1 tsp fennel seeds and keep aside.
- Grind the coconut, pearl onions in to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Put the fish pieces in a bowl, add the coconut paste, crushed fennel seeds, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt, curry leaves and mix well.
- Marinate this for 1/2 an hour in refrigerator.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a kadai, put the fish pieces 2 at a time and keep in medium flame. Add oil on sides and Cover cook for 3-5mins.
- Uncover and turn the fish to the other side, add oil on the sides and cover cook for 3mins.
- Remove the lid and roast till golden brown and garnish with cilantro/Coriander leaves.