- 600g potatoes , quartered if large
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 spring onions , finely chopped
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 egg , beaten
- 100g cooked leftover salmon fish , flaked into large pieces
plain flour , for coating
- 25g butter and 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Boil the potatoes. Meanwhile, dry-fry the cumin seeds for a couple of secs in a large non-stick frying pan.
- When soft, drain the potatoes, return to the saucepan,
add the cumin, onions, chilli and coriander with plenty of seasoning, then mash well.
- When cooled a little, beat in 2 tbsp of the egg, then carefully stir through the salmon.
- Shape into 4 rough cakes, then coat in flour. If freezing, freeze on a baking sheet until solid, then pack up.
- In the frying pan, melt the butter with the oil.
- Fry the cakes for about 2 mins each side until golden.
- Serve with the mango chutney and some salad leaves.