- 800-900 gms of Chicken (10-12 Medium Pieces)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Small Tomato
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1½ tsp Dhania (Coriander) Powder
- ½ tsp Haldi (Turmeric) Powder
- ½ Chillie Powder
- ½ tsp Nutmeg Powder*
- ½ cup Curd
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken piecesSlice the oinion, chop the tomato and slit the chillies.Now in a pan heat the oil and add the onions. Fry till translucent.
- Now add the green chillies and the tomatoes.Then add the garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder and the chille powder.
- Add a little water and salt and fry the masala well.Once dry, add a little more water and stir till oil starts separating.Now add the nutmeg powder and the curd. Stir and cook till oil separates.
- Then add the chicken pieces and the remaining salt as per your taste.Stir and cook the chicken pieces on high flame along, till all the water evaporates from the gravy and it becomes completely dry.
- Add a cup of water, stir and cover kadai with a lid. Simmer and let the chicken cook until soft.Uncover the lid and keep the heat on till the excess water evaporates and oil starts to separate from the gravy.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.