- 1 pound chicken ( with bones cut in to pieces)
- 4 tbs oil 1 tomato ( chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds and musturd seeds 1/2 tsp turmuric powder
- 2 tbs oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots ( u can use red onion )
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- 8 curry leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro ( optional)
- 2 tsp pepper corns
- 1 tsp fennal seeds
- 4 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a pan add chopped shallots ( or onions) roast on a low flame until brown.
- Now add cardamom pods , cloves , peppercorns ,fennal seeds, cinnamon ,curry leaves and fresh grated coconut , to the above browned shallots , roast everything on a low flame until coconut is brown ( make sure not to burn), then add chilli powder and coriander powder fry for 1 min.
- Grind all the above browned masala with 1/4 cup water and cilantro ,to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Now heat 4 tbs oil in a preassure cooker , add cumin seeds and musturd seeds,then add chicken pieces , salt and turmuric ,mix everything and cook for 2min.
- Then add ground masala paste and chopped tomatoes to the chicken , mix and cook on low flame for 5 min.
- Now add 1-1/2 cup of water to the chicken mixture , cover and cook for 2 wistles(until chicken is cooked completely ) and gravy is thick.
- Done , serve hot.