- Mango-12 kg
- Chilli powder-8 cups
- Ground mustard-4 cups
- salt-2 kg
- Fenugreek heated and powdered-1/2 cup
- Asafoetida sauted in gingelly oil and powdered-4 dsp
- Gingelly oil (boiled and cooled)-16 cups
- Sodium benzoate-1/4 tsp
- Clean the mangoes and cut each into 8 pieces without the removing the skin.
- Keep it in sunlight for one day. Mix all the ingredients except sodium benzoate.
- Keep for sometime and take 1/2 cup gravy oozing from the mixed ingredients.
- Add sodium benzoate in it and mix with the pickle.
- Store the pickle in mud vessels.
Note : The oil should be seen on top. This pickle can be stored for a year.