- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 C milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in Cheddar.
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Using a fork, stir milk into flour mixture until a soft dough forms. Do not over mix or overwork dough.
- Drop dough in heaping tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until biscuits are firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.