- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ to 1 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 drops of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs (separate the yolk and whites)
- ½ cup jam (melted to be able to spread easily)
- 1/3 cup sugar (granulated)
- ½ cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream
- Mix the flour and baking powder and sieve 2-3 times so that well blended. Keep aside. Take another bowl, add in the egg yolks, vanilla extract and the sugar (1/3 cup).
- Beat well till all ingredients are well-combined. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites along with the ½ cup sugar.
- Beat well till it forms peaks. Fold in the egg yolk mixture and the flour lightly. Pour the cake batter into a pre-greased cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or till done (the time would vary slightly from one oven to the other).
- Take out cool on a wire rack and roll up in a towel. When cool unroll and spread a layer of the jam (you could use your favorite flavor) and then spread out the ice cream. Roll and refrigerate. Take out cut into slices and serve.