- 1/2 gallon Paneer
- pinch of cooking soda
- 1/4 tsp. rava (sooji)
- 1/4 tsp. maida
- 1 cup sugar
- cardamom powder
- Add sooji,Paneer,maida, soda, 1/2 cup sugar. Mix all very well.In a non-stick pan, lightly grease with butter and put on low heat. Add the paneermixture.
- Cover and let cook.when one side is light brown, remove the cake on a plate and slide it back to thesame pan to cook the other side to brown.Towards the other side, make chashni(sugar syrup). To the rest 1/2 cup sugar, add 1cup water.
- Add cardamom powder. When the paneer cake is done, pour hot chashni(sugarsyrup) on the top, while it still is in the heat.
- Cover and let cook in slow heat for a minute.
- Then off the heat and let the paneer cake cool in the room temperature.
- Cut into slices and serve.