- Khoya (unsweetened) – 2 cups
- Maida – ½ cup
- Cooking soda – a pinch
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Oil for deep frying
- Cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
- Rose essence – few drops
- Mix khoya, maida and cooking soda. Sprinkle water little by little and make a soft dough.
- Make a small size balls.Heat oil in a kadai. Keep the flame to minimum.
- When the oil is hot enough, add five to six balls and fry till it become golden brown. Remove it.
- Fry all the balls like this.Put the sugar in a vessel and add two cups of water and bring to boil. Allow to boil for five to seven minutes. Remove from stove.
- Add rose essence and cardamom powder.
- Add the fried balls to the syrup. Allow to soak for atleast one hour.