- (For about 10 Laddus)
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tbsp broken cashew nut pieces
- 1 tbsp raisins, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- A pick of clove powder
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and fry the cashew nuts and raisins. When the cashew nuts turn brown and the raisins are plump, remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Add the semolina to the same pan and fry on medium heat till it is heated through. Add the grated coconut and fry over medium heat till the semolina turns light golden brown. This will take a while, keep stirring.
- Add sugar, fried nuts and raisins , cardamom and clove powder and the milk. Keep stirring till the milk and sugar is completely mixed in.
- Switch off the stove and let it sit till it is cool enough to handle. Shape the mixture into lemon sized balls.
- Store in an airtight container. I kept this in the refrigerator, even though it is stored outside in India.