- 1/2 cup orange-flavored drink mix (e.g. Tang)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla baking chips
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine the flour with the baking soda and baking powder.
- Starting with the Tang, then sugar, vanilla chips and ending with the flour mixture.
- Layer the ingredients in a clean glass wide mouth quart sized jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next ingredient.
- Attach a recipe card with the following instructions to the jar.Orange Cream CookiesYield 2 1/2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Empty contents into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg slightly beaten and teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until completely blended.
- Roll heaping tablespoonfuls into balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are very lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.