- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (1 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, mix pumkin puree and spices together well. Place in refrigerator.
- Beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup brown sugar together in a bowl.
- In a large saucepan, heat heavy whipping cream and 1/2 cup brown sugar until it just begins to bubble.
- Pour hot cream mixture over beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Return to saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture begins to coat the back of your spoon.
- Cool. Stir in pumpkin mixture.
- Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.