- Besan flour – 2 cups (heaped)
- Rice flour – two teaspoon
- Cooking soda – a pinch
- Oil for deep frying
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Few drops of kesar colour
- Cardamom Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Mix flour and baking soda with little water to a smooth batter (Like dosa batter).
- Heat oil in a heavy Kadai. Hold Boondi ladle with small round holes on top with one hand. With the other pour some batter all over the holes.
- Tap gently till all batter has fallen into hot oil. Stir with another laddle and remove when light golden. Keep aside.
- Repeat for remaining batter.
- For syrup:
- Put sugar and water in a vessel and boil. Add colour and boil till sticky (half string consistency) but no thread has formed. Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Now add the boondi into the syrup and mix well. Spread it on a broad plate.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder. When it is warm enough to touch, gently separate the Boondies by your fingers. Allow to cool. Store it in an air tight container.