- 1 litre milk
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp. fine vermicelli
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp. raisins
- 1 tsp. almonds slivered thinly
- 1 tsp. pistachios slivered thinly
- Pressure cook sweet potato for 3-4 whistles till tender. The skin will come off easily now, so peel neatly.
- Chop into tiny pieces, or grate coarsely.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan, add vermicelli, stir fry till light golden.
- Drain with a slatted spoon, keep aside.
- Add hot milk, bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add cooled sweet potato, cardamom powder, sugar.
- Stir to dissolve sugar completely. Add all other ingredients, simmer for 2 minutes. Serve hot.
- Always add the potatoes just few minutes before serving.
- Reheat prepared kheer to a boil, add potato, resume boil, then serve