- 2 cups Urad dal (Roasted into golden red color)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Melted ghee(clarified Butter)
- In a heavy bottomed pan roast the urad dal on medium low heat by stirring continuously. The dal should slowly turn to red color.
- Remove it from heat and let it cool for a while, grind the roasted urad dal along with sugar into a coarse powder.
- The powder should have a sand like texture.
- Transfer the mixture into a pan and add melted ghee. On low heat blend ghee and urad dal mixture well. Remove from heat and make small laddus. It is a healthy laddu.
- It is good for backbone during pregnancy.