- Cauliflower – 1 medium
- Boiled Green peas – 1/2 a cup (optional)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Make a ground paste of 1 big onion, 2 to 3 medium green chillies, 3 garlic pods, A small piece of ginger
- Tomato puree
- Make a ground paste of Cashews soaked in water for 10 min, poppy seeds(kasa kasa) 1 tsp, 1 cardamom, 2 cloves, a small piece of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon grated coconut, 1 red chilly
- Clean the cauliflower by putting it in luke warm water along with salt. Wash it and boil it with a little water and turmeric. Add salt when half done. Cook it 3/4 th and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil, season with fennel seeds and add onion garlic paste. Fry till light brown. Check if the raw smell of onions is gone. Otherwise the paste will be bitter. If you use yellow onions, do not grind it. Just add chopped onions.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the oil separates. Add salt and chilly powder. Remember, you already added salt to cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower and boiled green peas.
- Add coconut cashew paste and add a little water depending on the consistency you require.
- Cook till frothy and garnish with Coriander leaves .