- Raw Rice – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Red chilly – 2
- Green chilli – 4
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida – ¼ teaspoon
- Cashew nut – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Oil – 4 or 5 teaspoons
- Mustard – Half teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook rice till soft (But not mushy). Put it in a plate or broad vessel and spread it.
- Sprinkle one or two teaspoon oil over it.In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, add Bengal gram dhal and fry till it turns light brown.
- Add cashew nuts, chillies, asafetida powder and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Now add coconut gratings and fry for two/three seconds.
- Add cooked rice to this and mix gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.