- Rice – 1 cup
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 1 small bunch
- Green Chillies – 2 Nos
- Fresh Ginger – a small piece
- Tamarind – a small gooseberry size
- Urad Dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook the rice till soft (not too soft).In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and fry urad dhal till it becomes light brown.
- Add green chillies split into two and ginger chopped and fry for a while. Add tamarind also and fry everything together. Cool it. Grind this to a coarse paste.
- Before removing add coriander leaves chopped to this and grind it to a fine paste. In the Kadai put the remaining oil and when it is hot add mustard.
- When it pops up, reduce the heat and add cooked rice, salt, ground coriander paste. Mix well keeping the flame to low. Once everything blended well, remove it.