- 1 cup horse gram (Kollu)
- 4 red chillies
- ½ tsp methi seeds
- 2tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp geera
- Asafoetida a pinch
- 2tbsp oil
- Turmeric Powder
- 2 green chillies
- Curry leaves
- 6 Garlic Pods
- Fry the horse gram in a pan till it is crisp and giving out an aroma.
Use little oil to fry the chillies till they are crisp, add methi and fry till brown, Add Coriander seeds, jeera.
- Meanwhile, cook the gram with 2 cups of water in pressure cooker till soft.
- Let it cool. Blend the masala and cooked gram in a mixer with tamarind. Add enough water to bring it to rasam consistency.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
Bring it to boil and when it starts boiling, add green chillies.
- Remove from flame.
- For seasoning heat oil, one broken red chili, 1 tsp mustard and curry leaves when the mustard splutters, add crushed garlic and fry till brown. Pour this on rasam