- 250 gms. paneer (cottge cheese)
- 3 tbsp. ghee or butter
- 1 onion chopped into strips
- 1/2″ piece ginger chopped fine
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 4 tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 cardamoms crushed
- 1/4 cup beaten curd
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 cup milk, little salt, tomato sauce
- Chop the paneer into 2″ fingers.
- Heat half the ghee.
- Add onion,ginger, green chilli and cardamom. Fry for 3-4 minutes.Add tomatoes and cook for 7-8 minutes, covered.
- Add curd and cook for 5 minutes.Add 1/2 cup water and cool.
Blend in a mixie till smooth.
- Heat remaining ghee, add gravy and other ingredients except milk and paneer.
- Boil to get a very thick gravy.Just before serving, heat gravy, add milk and paneer fingers and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and grated paneer.