- Small dry fish(karuvadu) – (5-10 ), cleaned and washed
- Tamarind – big lemon size, soaked
- sesame oil or any oil – 3 tsp
- Curryleaves few
- Corriander powder -3 tsp
- chilli powder – 1 tsp (or more)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Bringal /indian egg plant -2 (chop lengthwise)
- Mochaikottai- 1 cup pressure cooked
- Drumstick – 4 or 5 small pieces
- (All the three used will give you more taste and flavour is you don’t have something then you leave that and add the others)
- For Grinding
- Medium size Onion(chopped ) – 1 (3/4 th for grinding and 1/4 th for tempering)
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Medium size Tomatoes – 1( chopped )
- Sombu/ big zeera – 1/2 tsp
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan . Fry all the items listed in for Grinding.Then grind it well into smooth paste.
- Heat 2tsp of oil in pan . Add mustard seeds and splutter. Then add curry leaves,1/4th onion,and all the vegetables and also the dried fish. Fry them all well.
- Add chilli powder,corriander powder and turmeric powder. Add little water and salt. Let it cook.
- Extract thick juice from the tamarind and add that .
- Cook in medium heat atleast for 15 -20 mins.
- Slow cook for more time add the taste.