- Dried fish (Anchovies)or Nethili – 30-40 (you can use any kind of dried fish of your fish)
- Shallot onion chopped-10
- Chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Corriander powder -1 tbsp
- Tamarind paste- 1/2 tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Soak the dried fish in hot water for 10 mins. Remove the head and clean it and waste it .
- Now add 2tbsp of oil in a pan, add the chopped onions.Once the onion in done add the chopped tomato.
- Allow it to mash well, now add the chilly and the corriander powder. Allow it to cook till the oil seperates from the masala.
- Now add the tamarind extract and finally add the dried fish and salt.
- Cook everything together for 10mins.Once you see the oil coming out from this mixture add the coriander leaves and serve hot.