- Chana dal (Kadalai paruppu)- 1 cup
- Onion- 1
- Small onion- 7 to 10
- Green chili- 2
- Curry leaves- few
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon- 1 small piece
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- to fry
- Soak Chana dal for 2 hours. Cut Onion, Small onion and Green chili. Keep all this aside.
- Grind Chana dal, Cloves, Cinnamon, Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds and Salt without adding any water.
- Mix Onion, Small onion,Green chili and Curry leaves with ground items.
- Take a small amount of mix, flatten it lightly and shape them into round.
- Drop it carefully into hot oil, turning once in a while, deep fry till golden brown