- Aval (Poha) – 1 cup
- Jaggery (vellam)- 1/2 cup
- Coconut gratings – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts – 10 Nos
- Ghee – 4 teaspoon
- Dry fry the poha in a kadai till it turns light brown. Cool and grind it to a fine powder.
- Put this powder in a big bowl and sprinkle little warm water and mix well. If you hold the flour in your palm and press, it should be like a ball and put it back, it should fall loosely like puttu flour. Keep aside.In another vessel, put the jaggery and add ¼ cup water and bring to boil.
- Allow to boil for five minutes. The syrup should not be too thick.
- Add coconut gratings and the poha powder and immediately switch off the stove. Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, ghee and fried cashew nuts and once again mix well.